Do you hate Windows 8 Start Screen? Or is it not the best way to start programs and application when you use the keyboard and mouse? Don’t worry you can simply switch back to usual Start Menu using a simple Windows 8 registry hack.
This Windows 8 tutorial will be answering the following questions?
- How to switch back to Windows 8 Start Menu instead of touch friendly Metro Start Screen?
- How to get ride of Start Screen?
- Optimize Windows 8 to use with mouse and keyboard?
- How to get the traditional Windows look in Window 8?
- Registry hacks may cause serious damages to the operating system and may cause problems booting up the computer.
- This tutorial is tested on Windows Developer Preview and may change on the final Windows 8 version.
Enjoy the the traditional look in two steps
- Press Windows Key + R (Windows 8 Shortcuts)
- Type regedit
- Browse to
- Change its value from 1 to 0