I am going to provide a quick preview of Windows 8 hardware we can expect to released with Windows 8. Second generation Ultrabooks and Windows Surface specifications, and release dates are confirmed. Also, we know that Windows 8 will support wide range of hardware. It will run on desktops, laptops, notebooks, Ultrabooks, surfaces, and tablets. That means all these devices will run same operating system (Windows 8) and files favorites and settings can be syn between each machine via Skydrive. Also, new Windows Phone 8 will have the kernel from Windows.
Should I buy new computer with Windows 7 or wait until Windows 8 release?
This is a common question asked by many as we getting closer to the release date of Windows 8. Microsoft confirmed that Windows 8 will be compatible with most of the machines that run Windows 7 and after installing it to couple of old laptops even which is designed for Windows XP, we have noticed that Windows 8 run smoothly without much problem. However, Intel is introducing 3D Ivy bridge chips for ultrabooks, tablets, desktops and laptops. You will able to see cheaper faster and powerful devices on the shelves by end of 2012. Windows 8 hacks blog strongly recommend to wait until Windows 8 and new hardware to be released to buy a new computer.
Minimum Windows 8 Hardware requirements (Base on Windows 8 Consumer Preview)
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
- To use touch, you need a tablet or monitor that supports multitouch
- To access Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
Microsoft Surface running Windows 8
Surface is the newest and stylish member added to the windows hardware family. You can say it is a tablet, but it has USB port and a stylish keyboard. If you think tablets should have a keyboard and mouse and USB port, this is the ideal solution. There are two versions, surface for RT and Windows 8 Pro. Read more information and specification about surface.