Microsoft and Apple are two main competitors in the tech world. Remote-desktop is one way of bringing these two rivals together allowing to run Windows operating system on a Mac computer or other way around. Slapshtop, company known for Remote Desktop application has made it possible to run Windows 8 Consumer Preview on a iPad using Win8 Metro Testbed Application. It is the one and only app that will allow you to run Windows 8 on your shiny iPad.
Following are some of Windows 8 Metro touch gestures are supported
- Swipe from the right to view the Charms menu
- Swipe from the left to switch apps
- Pull down from the top to close an app
- Swipe slowly from the left to run two apps side-by-side (“snapping”)
- Pinch to navigate files, folders, apps and data with Semantic Zoom
How to run Windows 8 on your iPad using Win8 Metro Testbed
- Download and install Win8 Metro Testbed on iPad (Download using iTunes)
- Download and install the Splashtop Streamer Windows 8 PC (Download) (
- Connect both devices to the network and start the connection.
You will be amazed to see how smooth Windows 8 run on a tablet. Don’t forget to watch the video.
For more information about Win8 Metro Testbed visit Splashtop official website.