Turn on Remote Desktop in Windows 8
- Go to Start Screen
- Click/Touch Control Panel icon or go to search and search for the Control Panel
- Click/Touch More Settings
- Click/Touch System and Security
- Click/Touch Allow remote access under System
- Select Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop(less secure) and specify a user if needed.
- Click Apply button.
Note: You cannot connect remotely to a computer while the computer sleeps or hibernates.You may have to change the it from Power Options in Control Panel.
Connect to another computer from Windows 8 Remote Desktop
- Go to Start
- Click/Touch Search
- Type Remote Desktop
- Click/Touch Remote Desktop application
- Type the PC name or IP address of the computer you want to connect to
- Click/Touch Connect button.
- Click/Touch Connect button again for Can’t verify the identity of the remote PC warning
- After it connect to the remote computer enter the username and the password for the remote computer.
- Click OK